The Harvard Club of New York City is a warm and friendly place; an oasis of calm in hectic midtown Manhattan. The Club was founded in 1865 by a small group of alumni interested in continuing the fellowship of Cambridge. Within a year, there were 98 members who met at Delmonico’s restaurant and other rented quarters. By the early 1890s, with 600 members, a permanent home was needed. With its architectural beauty and long history, the Harvard Club of NYC was one of the first buildings to be named a New York City Landmark. It is also listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Members and alumni have good reason to be justifiably proud of this remarkable building.